- Formerly a 'Red Moon' Silkstone Barbie.
- Full reroot with 'Original Brunette' KatSilk saran hair, set, cut & styled into the classic Sidepart Americal Girl Barbie' look, with aqua ribbon & silk string.
- Complete facial repaint with artist quality acrylics, sealed for protection.
- Kimono is made from a stunning, lustrous Japanese rayon brocade bought in San Francisco's Japantown. Gold thread is woven all through the brocade which features a delicate pattern of what I believe are plum blossoms. I have no more of this fabric, so this creation cannot be recreated in a similar manner. Kimono is constructed according to traditional methods which I adapted for 1/6 scale sewing. Pattern was adapted from commercial pattern. It is fully lined with a shot silk taffeta. A faux collar of Japanese rayon chirimen simulates the under-kimono traditionally worn - this piece is attached to the main kimono neck facing and fastens with a snap.
- The obi is made from another piece of golden Japanese rayon brocade from the same source and is also lined with the taffeta. It wraps around twice and fastens with snaps.The obi cord is cotton or rayon satin.
- Accessories include a folding fan and red open-toe shoes, as Silkstone Barbie can't easily wear the traditional geta (wooden shoes).