- Given that Barbie turns the big 5-0 this coming Monday, March 9th, I wanted to create something that celebrates what Barbie means to me. The Silkstone face pays homage to her early vintage years, whilst the colors used pay homage to the MOD ear, my personal favourite. Sleek tailoring coupled with an elegant, modern-yet-retro gown. And of course, a little bit of bright pink and a pinch of glitter.I can't imagine my life without Barbie - so thank you Ruth & everyone involved along the way.
- Former 'Continental Holiday' Silkstone Barbie.
- Complete reroot with high quality saran hair in 'Hot Pink', which has then been boil-permed and set into a eyecatching 'afro'.
- Full facial repaint, with artist-quality acrylics, sealed for protection.
- Dress is made from a cotton print, fully lined with white silk shantung, featuring a violet silk taffeta godet and a charteuse silk taffeta bow. Fastens in the back with snaps.
- Boa is made from 3 separate 2 yard lengths of organza ribbon that were sewn together & then gathered.
- Necklace is made from Sterling Silver chain & findings, together with 4mm Swarovski bicone crystals in assorted shades.
- White CT shoes and pink opera gloves complete the ensemble.