- Formerly a 'Modern Circle Melody' Barbie with the TnT facemold.
- Rerooted with 'Tickled Pink' KatSilk saran hair, with a widow's peek added in. Styled in the manner of the Japanese Maiko. Silk shibori wraps around the knots and ties in the hair. Tsunami Kanzashi petals (made from rayon chirimen purchased directly from Japan) decorate the front of the hair. Tsunami Kanzashi is an ancient method of folding fabric squares into leaves and petals to form flowers that is used to create many of the ornate hair ornaments worn by the Maiko. A 'bira-bira' metal flutter ornament decorates the very front.
- Complete facial repaint with artist-quality acrylics, sealed for protection. Finished with applied lashes.
- Kimono is made from a Japanese style cotton print and is constructed according to traditional methods which I adapted for 1/6 scale sewing. It is fully lined with another japanese style cotton print. A faux collar of white Japanese rayon chirimen simulates the under-kimono traditionally worn - this piece is attached to the main kimono neck facing and fastens with a snap.
- The obi is made from a piece of Japanese rayon brocade bought from a source in Japan. It is lined with a cotton printed with silver chrysanthemums. It wraps around twice and fastens with snaps.The obi cord is cotton or rayon satin. A piece of silk shibori is tucked into the obi to simulate the obi-age.
- Turquoise open-toe shoes adorn her feet.